Monday 23 March 2015

keeping your head above water, while diving / or doodling your way out of a mess

I was so stumped this day. Frustrated, overloaded, confused, mess, papers, notes everywhere, overwhelmed. 
From somewhere a small voice said -  just draw. Draw it out. I swiped the table clear. Grabbed notebook + pencil and doodled. Three little circles and a big straight line . . . then out came this guy.


A whale, the biggest thing, a lot of darkness and an impossibility. That's exactly how I felt. 
Drawing it out felt good, I could see it, I could even smile, again. I could see I was taking in and in more information, more options, more ideas and not letting any out. I felt all blown up, like a scuba diver with her weight belt on and life vest fully inflated.  
Funny along came my man, saw it, and said 'she needs to let a little more air out that spout'. Yeah. But not holding on to it all and letting it out was scary. I didn't know what would happen.



It all went out, oops. . . flat, like a sole on the floor. Blink. Nothing.
Now what? 
. . .Ok breathe, just only what you need 
What's the first thing . . .



So keeping your head above water, and diving. You can't do both at the same time.
You gotta let go.

Thanks to some scribbles, I found my way on. 
Free - to change :)

What's your best way to check in with how you're feeling? 

And then to ask

How do I want to feel. . . now?


1 comment:

  1. Hehehe, I love your doodles. So true, you can't do both at the same time. But there is a time for each, and you just have to figure out when to do what. I love that big headed whale. :) Ooh, good luck with your big event coming up! Sounds great!

    ps. Those crickets are just dancing, I promise! The boy cricket is dipping the girl cricket. I know it's kind of hard to see. Hmm, where is your mind? ;) teeheehee!

    ReplyDelete